I'm resending this to the general list, since I received absolutely no
reply at all on the Win32 list, and I'm hoping someone here is familiar
enough with the Win32 port to comment..

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Problems running mysql client under Emacs on Win32
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 14:51:20 -0700
From: Shankar Unni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The mysql client program has this feature that if it's run with its
standard input not bound to a TTY, it automatically switches to batch
mode.

Normally, when Emacs runs a process as a child, it'll set up a
pseudo-tty to the child, which thinks it's talking to a regular TTY, and
all is OK. Unfortunately, on Windows, this doesn't work, because there
is no native pseudo-tty mechanism, so mysql runs in batch mode (no
prompt, exit on first error, ...)

Also unfortunately, there is no switch available to disable this
automatic switch to batch mode. Does anyone have a workaround, or a
patch, for this?

--
Shankar Unni            IntruVert Networks, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (408) 434-8311

e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead.