Chris Book writes:

> My actual data has " represented as "", so I need to set it up this way.  I
> would prefer to work with the files the way they are now rather than
> re-export my data a different way, since that machine is inconvenient right
> now.
>
> I can export data using the same params, and it generates a file in the same
> format that im using to import... so I don't see why the import would fail.

The three reasons I can think of is if it checks if the first
character is the escape character before checking if it's the
optional enclosing character, or if it gets confused when it
runs into the enclosing character seemingly unescaped inside
the string, or if it thinks the terminating " is an escape
character. As the format as you have it could be parse in an
(at least almost) unambigous way, I suggest reporting this as
a bug.

In the meantime, I guess you'll have to search and replace
before inserting into the database. :-/

//C

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/