Hi,

> SELECT * FROM students,grades WHERE students.ID=grades.ID AND grades.grade
>
> students.average_grade
>
> This doesn't work. It gets me all the occasions where a student has beaten
> his average. But I only want students who have never gone below their
> average! In other words, I want to select from the students table, based
on
> information on multiple rows in the grades table, where ALL the grades
rows
> need to fulfil a certain criterion.

I dunno but this _might_ work:

SELECT *
FROM students, grades
WHERE students.ID = grades.ID
    AND min(grades.grade) > students.average_grade
GROUP BY students.ID

--
Aigars

sql, mysql, query

DISCLAIMER:

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Defcom does not accept
legal responsibility for the contents or accuracy of this message. The views
and opinions contained in the message are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Defcom unless otherwise specifically
stated.