Are you sure it doesn't have the line feeds in the database?  Neither MySQL nor PHP
will strip them out, unless you do some fancy work to make it do that.  I would guess
that your real problem is that when you display it in your HTML, it shows up without
"returns".  This is standard HTML practice -- try running the PHP function nl2br() on
the data before displaying it.

Steve Meyers