Tom Hicks wrote:

> I am thinking of running MySQL on my box for some work with PHP. I am
> concerned about the mods to the directory structure. I can't seem to
> find a list for mods it will make on RedHat7.1
> Could you please help me out with that?

Not sure what you mean by 'mod', but you can either:

o run 'rpm -qlp /path/to/therpm.rpm' to see what files are going to get
installed before installing it.

o D/L the binary from mysql.com and put the tar in a single directory.

o Compile the source with ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql to keep all
of the mysql files in one location.

RPMs are probably your best bet.

b.