On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Allen Tang wrote:
> Hi Boyd,
> Thanks. I check pub/openserver5 nothing relate the MYSQL.

What you need from this site is all patches for your OS version.

uname -X will tell you then you need to down load and install them for
your version.

> What value I should give those two parameter
>
> MYSQL_TCP_PORT=???
> MYSQL_UNIX_PORT=???

Same as on all systems.  3306 if my memory is correct.  Look in the docs.

> When I run "bin/safe_mysql --user=mysqladm &"
> get error message
> 011024 16:44:52  mysqld started
> dynamic linker : /usr/local/mysql-3.23.43-pc-sco3.2v5.0.6-i386/bin/mysqld :
> error opening libgthreads.so
> 011024 16:44:52  mysqld ended
> What's libgthreads.so? file or ...

Have your read the manual?  You need a port of threads to run mysql.  On
OpenServer it is FSU-threads or FSU-pthreads.  You will find this on the
ftp.mysql.com site.  Look in the SCO directory.

Please read the INSTALL and the manual on SCO OpenServer.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044