The windows installation is nowadays a fancy looking installshield and with
too many questions it installs it self very smoothly and then I hust start
the winmysqladmin in the mysql/bin dir to set the passwords. I have never
used the command line in my windows install of mysql. All administration is
done thru the phpmyadmin, netadmin or mysqlfront. Easy to use GUIs.

I have edited the inifile but that doesn't really counts as commandline
stuff?

/brother
http://persilja.net
http://schattiga.st/about