Hi. I've been reading for several hours on this one. I've tried everything
I've read. I'm either doing something really stupid or I've missed the
point completely.

I have a db on a linux server. I used phpAdmin to create a dump file
(pe.sql) and retrieved it on my local machine. I've tried what I thought
was the simplest way through mysql monitor to build the db locally:

mysql new_DB < pe.sql

and

mysql new_DB < 'pe.sql'

but I get a syntax error.

The dump file looks good with the CREATE TABLE statements and all the
INSERT INTO  as comma delimited.

Once I get the db, I can just copy it over to the server. But I can't get
the db.

Sorry for the basic question, but I'm stuck.

Thanks.

Brent