Hi, people !

I'm having a trouble with a program written in C.
This program try to create a record on a table, and it
receives the 2006 error code, "MySQL server has gone
away".

I've looked at the MySQL manual, searched the Web but
the solutions posted doesn't worked for me.

I've checked the mysqld, and it's up and running.

I've runned manually the same INSERT command of the
C program from mysql. It worked and created the record
succesfully.

Any help ? Sorry for my poor English :-)

Thanks in advance

Pablo

PD:

My MySQL's version is mysql-max-2.23.43 for Linux
(Intel libc6 systems), binary distribution,
downloaded from www.mysql.com I've created my tables
as InnoDB type.

The SQL command which fails is:

INSERT INTO Merchants ( mer_id, mer_name,
mer_enabled,mer_time_stamp, mer_mti_id, mer_view,
mer_legend1, mer_legend2, mer_legend3, mer_legend4,
mer_legend5,
mer_legend6, mer_legend7, mer_legend8,
mer_ext_int_type, mer_loc_id,
mer_last_update_time_stamp ) VALUES ( '00001115',
'Master Card e-commerce prueba', 1, 982006525, '',
'',
'', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 2, '', 0 )

The table descriptions is:

CREATE TABLE Merchants (
    mer_id                     CHAR (16) NOT NULL,
    mer_name                   CHAR (30) NOT NULL,
    mer_enabled                SMALLINT(1) UNSIGNED
 NOT NULL,
    mer_time_stamp             INTEGER NOT NULL,
    mer_mti_id                 CHAR (4) NOT NULL,
    mer_view                   CHAR (1) NOT NULL,
    mer_legend1                CHAR (80) NOT NULL,
    mer_legend2                CHAR (80) NOT NULL,
    mer_legend3                CHAR (80) NOT NULL,
    mer_legend4                CHAR (80) NOT NULL,
    mer_legend5                CHAR (80) NOT NULL,
    mer_legend6                CHAR (80) NOT NULL,
    mer_legend7                CHAR (80) NOT NULL,
    mer_legend8                CHAR (80) NOT NULL,
    mer_ext_int_type           SMALLINT NOT NULL,
    mer_loc_id                 CHAR (4) NOT NULL,
    mer_last_update_time_stamp INTEGER NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY ( mer_id )
)
TYPE = InnoDB

My /etc/my.cnf configuration file is as follows:

# Example mysql config file for medium systems.
#
# This is for a system with little memory (32M - 64M)
where MySQL plays
# a important part and systems up to 128M very MySQL
is used together with
# other programs (like a web server)
#
# You can copy this file to
# /etc/mf.cnf to set global options,
# mysql-data-dir/my.cnf to set server-specific options
(in this
# installation this directory is /usr/local/mysql/var)
or
# ~/.my.cnf to set user-specific options.
#
# One can in this file use all long options that the
program supports.
# If you want to know which options a program support,
run the program
# with --help option.

# The following options will be passed to all MySQL
clients
[client]
#password       = your_password
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock

# Here follows entries for some specific programs

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
skip-locking
set-variable    = key_buffer=16M
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable    = table_cache=64
set-variable    = sort_buffer=512K
set-variable    = net_buffer_length=8K
set-variable    = myisam_sort_buffer_size=8M
log-bin
server-id       = 1

# Point the following paths to different dedicated
disks
#tmpdir         = /tmp/
#log-update     = /path-to-dedicated-directory/hostname

# Uncomment the following if you are using BDB tables
#set-variable   = bdb_cache_size=4M
#set-variable   = bdb_max_lock=10000

# Uncomment the following if you are using Innobase
tables
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:400M
innodb_data_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/innodb/
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/innodb/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /usr/local/mysql/innodb/
set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_archive=0
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

[mysqldump]
quick
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
# Remove the next comment character if you are not
familiar with SQL
#safe-updates

[isamchk]
set-variable    = key_buffer=20M
set-variable    = sort_buffer=20M
set-variable    = read_buffer=2M
set-variable    = write_buffer=2M

[myisamchk]
set-variable    = key_buffer=20M
set-variable    = sort_buffer=20M
set-variable    = read_buffer=2M
set-variable    = write_buffer=2M

[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout

Conectate a Internet GRATIS con Yahoo! Conexión:
http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar