On Saturday 27 October 2001 16:00, you wrote:
> I'm having some trouble moving a C application from
> a test machine to production. The program, which uses
> the small wrapper around mysql_query() shown below, runs
> flawlessly on the test machine (hours of runtime; tens
> of thousands if not a million+ queries).
>
> On the production machine, the program will execute exactly
> 10 queries, then segfault. The 10 queries which are executed
> before the fault are a mix of INSERT, DELETE, and SELECTs
> which return both empty and non-empty sets. The last query
> is a SELECT which returns (well -- is *supposed* to return)
> an empty set.

<cut>

Run your program in gdb. Once it segfaults, do bt full. What is the output?

P.S. compiling anything with gcc-2.96 is pushing your luck. Note that glibc
on both machines was definitely compiled with gcc-2.96, and it is very
possible that so was libmysqlclient. RH has definitely made a very bad
decision by compiling their entire distribution with a non-release CVS
snapshot of a compiler. What they should have done is provide an optional
installation of the new compiler for the brave souls (like what SuSE does
with gcc 3), but compile the code that has worked all along with a
well-tested proven compiler version.

--
MySQL Development Team
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/