I'd say that minimizing data storage isn't even a reason, just a mere
sideeffect.

Data normalisation ensures that whenever you want to change something
about the name of the company,
you only have to change the data in one place. It enforces data
integrity. It makes life a lot easier,
and queries (usually) faster.

As for scoring, you should have a table ( animation_id, judge_id, score
) or something - with animation_id and judge_id as primary key.

-S