Hi Calvin,

Check out

http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/O/LOAD_DATA.html

and search for "Warnings".  A paragraph probably of particular interest to
you is:

"Warnings occur under the same circumstances as when values are inserted via
the INSERT statement (see section 6.4.3 INSERT Syntax), except that LOAD
DATA INFILE also generates warnings when there are too few or too many
fields in the input row. The warnings are not stored anywhere; the number of
warnings can only be used as an indication if everything went well. If you
get warnings and want to know exactly why you got them, one way to do this
is to use SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE into another file and compare this to your
original input file."