The information in this email is great, but the volume of mysql emails
mixed in with my other emails is forcing me to unsubscribe!  (yes, I could
filter, but that still fills up my email client.)

Could we have newsgroups instead?  That would provide history, conversation
threads, etc.  We could go search it to answer questions without generating
new email.  We could have subgroups for major topics, such as "selects",
"myODBC", etc.  Also, when you reply to a newsgroup item, you can usually
send an email copy to the person you are replying to, so you would only get
email as an answer to your specific post!

Personally I would find this MUCH easier to manage and would be as helpful
or more so.

Matt Sellers