"INSERT INTO duser (username, upass, fname, lname, hphone, haddress, hcity,
hstate, hcountry, hemail, utype) VALUES
('$username','$upass'.'$fname','$lname','$hphone','$haddress','$hcity','$hstate','$hcountry','$hemail','$utype')"

this is an insert statement that works fine in the console, but not from a
web document, I can update, and remove rows just fine using either method.

Can anybody see a problem with this statement, I fear I have been staring
and cursing at it too long to discover a problem on my own!

I'm not sure if it matters here or not but I'm using win32, PHP4 and the
latest mySQL binary distro.

Thank you in advance
(C: