Hi.

Okay, my post was rejected because it was automatically suspected to be spam
for not explicitly including certain words. <obnoxious-joke>So I am tempted
to advertise a useless database engine, competitor to mySQL, with claims
that it supports trillions of queries a second and multi-petabyte
tables.<obnoxious-joke/>.

I just joined the list. This is probably in the FAQ somewhere, but a quick
browse/search didn't turn it up.

My coworker needs to check how well SSL is supported in which versions.

It looks like it is supported in version 4. It also looks like it is
supported for "internal connections" (I assume that's inside the firewall?)
in version 3.23.9, according to information that turned up searching google
("mysql ssl connections").

There is some concern about stability. Specifically, she would rather run
the (assumed stable) downlevel version if it does support SSL connections on
the inside of a firewall.

Any comments on SSL in v. 3? or about the stability of v. 4?

Joel Rees
[EMAIL PROTECTED]