Michael Widenius wrote:

> Hi!

> <cut>
>
> R>   Below is My bug report...
> R> Mysql 3.23.40 is runjning after the compile but,
> R>   after a compile with errors 3.23.42 or .43 won't run the
> R> server starts and fails so I guess we should concentrate on 3.23.40
>
> R> gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314 (egcs-1.1.2 release)
>
> <cut>
>
> R> Compilation info: CC='gcc'  CFLAGS=''  CXX='c++'  CXXFLAGS=''  LDFLAGS=''
>
> <cut>
>
> R> Configure command: ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
>
> The above configure command will not work reliable because of bugs in
> the egcc thread/exception handling.
>
> The following configuure line should have a big likehood to work:
>
> rm config.cache
> CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O3" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O3 -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions
>-fno-rtti" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-low-memory
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Monty

 This is a second message today, one was before and now after compile.
I followed your instructions including all switches you had asked me
to set on configure.

 The source of both v 3.23.40 and v 3.23.43 configured, compiled and
installed without a single error message. I did this on two different
machines, both with the same Caldera Linux OS installed 2.4 . The laptop
is a lowly 166mhz with 80 meg mem. The desktop was a 400mhz Cyrix
with 196 meg mem.

 However both installs failed the same mysql-test-run  tests....
 merge.....    replace.......     and rpl000016....   there were also some failure
that did not apply such as innodb..   bdb....   gemmini....    raid   etc...
Note it does start and run and seems to perform well except for failed
items.   Merge would come in handy. What is rpl00016

It is no point sending the mysqlbug as it looks the same except for your
changes to configure switches..

The earlier versions 3.22 etc worked so well for me and we do like the
program. We have worked with and installed on these systems over the
years  PostgreSQL, Sybase, DB2, Adabas D  all without a squawk.  We
have upgraded all but Adabas D with in the last 6 months. As I have noted
we do have Mysql 3.23.42 on OS2 thanks to Yuri Dario.

Monty, your time has been much appreciated.  Unless you have other
suggestions, we will wait for changes to our Lans and use other DBs...

Thank You
Bob T.

 Unless we can solve this more easily