Ok here is the short version of the problem.  Installed mySQL database on
Cobalt server RAQ4 using Linux.  Everything worked great.  Now the mysql
database that is created by default with user table etc...is empty!!!  (Due
to a user going in using PHPmyAdmin and changing the user and password
within the user table.)

There is nothing in the mySQL database and now I cannot access the mysql
database due to there being an error with incorrect user and password!  Well
there isn't since the mysql database does not have a user grant table.   The
weird thing is that using PHPmyAdmin, I can manipulate the test database
that is installed by default.

We have tried to re-install the database and this did not work.  We then
tried the suggestions on this page:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/D/e/Default_privileges.html
And that did not work either.   I then tried copying the sql commands for
creating the user table etc, from another mySQL database located on a
different server.  This does not work either due to incorrect user and
password.

Can anyone help out??  I am in deep poop with this and need to find a
solution to get this mySQL up and running again.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any suggestions.

Michael