Erik G. Burrows writes:

> I'm having a wierd problem with MySQL, that seems to be begging that I
> wait for the next release, but I wonder if anyone else is getting this.
>
> I'm running MySQL 3.23.42, and using the Berkeley DB table type to get
> transactional ability. Occasionally, MySQL will simply stop accepting
> INSERTs and UPDATEs to my tables! DELETEs work, but UPDATESs and INSERTs
> don't.
>
> All the actual data files are owned by mysql, group mysql, read/write
> for user and group, there's nothing in the mysqld.log or the error log,
> and there's plenty of space on the disk. Very wierd.
>
> It seems to be a datafile corruption problem, because I can restore the
> files from backup and the database will run fine, for a while.
>
> Any clues or workarrounds out there?
>
> -Erik G. Burrows

Hi!

To help us find a solution to this, please follow the information at

http://www.mysql.com/doc/B/u/Bug_reports.html

to make a complete bug report that we can easily reproduce at our
end, preferably by just piping to the 'mysql' command line tool.

If you manage to do this, then you should email it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  All repeatable bug reports posted to this list
will be handled promptly.

--
Regards,