Hi.

I have a query which completes in about 9 sec when executed alone,
but the time grows dramatically when I execute several similar
queries at the same time. If I execute 3 queries the time grows
to 27-40sec, for 5 queries - toabout 1min, for 20 queries ran
simultaniously the time jumps to 2-4 min per query.

How do I go about increaseing performance. The tables included in
the queries have indices on the fields in the where clause, but
they are not composite indices. Would it help to combine these
multiple indices to one or two composite indices? Does mysql
have something like oracle's explain plan to see how exactly
is the query executed? Anything else?

thanks for any input

AOD.