Hi,

I found a discussion about the index file not being able to be RAIDed, and
know that the OS Limit will apply in any case, but this is Solaris 8, so
that isn't a problem, but can't find anything that explicitly states it.
Even SHOW TABLE STATUS:

mysql> show table status like 'tt_tickets'\G
           Name: tt_tickets
           Type: MyISAM
     Row_format: Dynamic
           Rows: 176206
 Avg_row_length: 38
    Data_length: 6713540
Max_data_length: 1099511627775
   Index_length: 4264960
      Data_free: 0
 Auto_increment: NULL
    Create_time: 2001-10-02 11:06:03
    Update_time: 2001-10-31 15:53:03
     Check_time: 2001-10-02 11:08:10
 Create_options: max_rows=4294967295 pack_keys=1
        Comment:
1 row in set (0.03 sec)

Shows "Max_data_length" - does the same limit apply to the index?

Quentin