Hello All.

*disclaimer*
I'm blond. I'm a linux newbie. I've searched the mailinglist/newsgroup
archives.
*end disclaimer*

I'm trying / wanting to install mysql++ on my MANDRAKE 8.1 LINUX
MACHINE.

That means i'm running GCC/G++ VERSION 3.0.1

Could someone please be kind to explain IN DUMB SPEAK for a newbie
like me, EXACTLY what i should do to install mysql++ ?

Should i install it as ROOT? or just the normal account i normally use
[user == pure]?

I have mysql running already...
mysql     1950  0.0  1.4 27064 4576 ?        S    Nov01   0:00
/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysq.......

so, could someone please explain what to do exactly please.

ie.

1.log in as user 'pure' into shell
2. download <file> into pure root home directory [from where?]
3. download patch
4. rpm -vhi <downloaded file>
5. run patch
6. do this
7. do that
8. headbutt monitor
9. goto 6.

etc.. etc..

i do appologise if this sounds very lame, but i'm fed up with trying
to figure this stuff out by myself and i'm running out of time.

Thank you dearly in-advance to any support i receive.

Regards - Pure Krome, Melbourne, Austrlia
[Note: This message has also been posted to USENET, mailing.database.mysql]