Hello,

I’ve been using MySql for about a year now, and have finally become comfortable with
sql and php scripting.  Now my life has changed as I’ve taken the next step into the
actual server, which I’m finding myself not to be cut out for...!
This is my problem: I have a win2000 professional laptop that I want to use for
development before live deployment.  I have installed MySql, php, and IIS on the
system.  So far I have done this four times (after reading pages and pages of manuals)
and run into the same problem again and again:
I create a new virtual directory in the IIS and all is cheery for around 5 to 10
minutes then I may get an error (normally something about inability to access the
mysql - I can’t remember anything specific) and from then on out it’s all 500 errors
on any page including a php/mysql call, after a 30 second time out (some times the
page just spins and spins, never connecting).  Before all of this, it was working
perfectly, all mysql functions along with php interaction.
Thinking I was too slow for such an undertaking I downloaded the PHPTriad program from
phpgeek.com which should do it all for me... no dice (exactly the same symptoms).
Has anyone every had a problem like this? It’s especially strange that all seems just
fine before the crash.

Thanks for any help, I’m at my wits end!

Sean