When a new version is available it will have a new version number. The
current version is 4.0.0 but there will almost certainly be a 4.0.1
soon. If you look at the change history in the documentation, there have
already been changes put into 4.0.0.

If you need quicker access to changes, you can download the source code
from the bitkeeper tree which changes more frequently.