Dear all

I have an application running in a small network where:

Machine 1 is the pdc for user authentication
Machine 2 is the mail Exchange server for emails/calendar/contacts
Machine 3 is the database server with (LDAP,Oracle, MSSQL and MYSQL)
MAchine 4 is the aplication + webserver for Development and
MAchine 5 is the aplication + webserver for DEMO.

Machine 4 has MYSQL installed locally also. The application runs fine. I
supposed it's because the local database that is there.

Machine 5 has no local database. The aplication is supposed to grab the data
from machine 3.

For all databases the application is doing it OK, except for MYSQL.

I get a message complaining about my user "root@machine5".

My question is:

Why MYSQL is appending the machine name to the username to do the
authentication? Even if I point to machine 4 I get the same error.
How can I solve this issue?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Siomara

PS: Besides the root that comes with the installation I created  a "root"
user with "xyzxyz" as password. This root/xyzxyz is the one I am trying to
connect with. I have done that for both machines that have MYSQL