Anna Åhnberg writes:

> When I do an insert in one of these tables the primary key column gets a
> new ID. How do I get this ID????? I guess I cannot use "SELECT MAX(id)
> FROM Table" since old, deleted id's are reused for new rows.
>
> Please, help me!

I shall help you help yourself, for from that you will benefit in
the long run, as will I.

The manual has all the necessary information:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/R/CREATE_TABLE.html
http://www.mysql.com/doc/e/x/example-AUTO_INCREMENT.html

The unofficial FAQ has a chapter on AUTO_INCREMENT:
http://www.bitbybit.dk/mysqlfaq/faq.html#ch6_0_0

What you're looking for is probably LAST_INSERT_ID(),
but I'll let you find it yourself. Oops, now I told you. :-P

//C

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/