Hello,

I have another question about the situation explained in my other message "Keeping SQL
DBs separated".

If it's not possible reconfigure SQL on the ISP server, then I
will have to test on Linux/Apache some PHP/MySQL pages that will
have to access via ODBC a MS Access database on an NT/IIS/PHP server.

I would like to do it by writing PHP pages that access via ODBC
some mysql or other database on my linux box, in such a way that,
if it works there, I change some general setting, upload the pages
and they work for sure on the MS Access thing (something like:
ifdef LINUX then ODBC_ACCESSES_MYSQL
ifdef NT    then ODBC_ACCESSES_MS_Access)

I am sure that this must be possible, but would really appreciate some
examples/pointers to specific tutorial/similar stories/etc.

                TIA,
                        mweb