> So you mean to replace joining with combined condition?

I think it is simply a terminological/syntactical difference. I simply
never use LEFT JOIN commands. I always use '='. I think they do the same
think, namely what is called a "join" in relational _theory_. I
*understand* '=' better then JOIN.

  *
*   *

It is good we found your bug now!

There is still the question of your mysql monitor seemingly yelding the
right results for the wrong query, but I'll leave that problem for you now
;-)

--
   ,
 M A R I O   data miner, LIACC, room 221   tel 351+226078830, ext 121