Hello,

I have some fulltext search queries that seem to be hanging my database.
They're supposed to search a large text database, but every once and a while
one doesn't come back and it brings the whole system down with it.  My CPU
load isn't very high, but my processlist is full (300) and mysql is refusing
more connections.

I try to kill a fulltext process, and it just changes the state to 'killed',
however it still is stuck there and never cleans itself up.  Is there a way
to actually kill a fulltext search?

Is there a way to kill every process?  I have access to the kill command but
I can't restart the server directly.  Can I perform some pipe magic to get
mysql to kill all my processes?

Lastly, I'm wondering what's taking my fulltext search so long.  I have
about 50,000 rows, making the table about 117MB.  Usually the queries run
fine, but sometimes they bring my whole site to a halt.

Thanks,
Chris Book