Hi.

It's been a while, but here it goes...

As far as I know, the mysql command line client does not know about
commands, i.e. the name completion feature (via TAB) is _not_ context
sensitive and will just present all completions which fit to the word
fragment you typed.

So, without knowledge what command that is at all, this is expected
behaviour. Similarly you will notice, that it has no command completion.

Bye,

        Benjamin.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 05:36:49PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> this is how i find the bug.
>   under the mysql console, i tried to drop a table, and i know that the mysql
>console do the same thing like bash
>   some of the command ... <TAB><TAB> and the command autocomplets. OK .. let me show
>
> mysql> drop table categor;
> categories                   categories.checked_out       categories.ordering
>  categoryid
> categories.categoryid        categories.checked_out_time  categories.published
>  categoryimage
> categories.categoryimage     categories.editor            categories.section
>  categoryname
> categories.categoryname      categories.image_position    category
>

> the strange thing is in the end

[...]

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]