Hello Karl,

Try the 'FULLTEXT' section of the manual. I've used the fulltext index to create a
search engine for a mailing list archive, and I'm quite pleased with how it works.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/F/u/Fulltext_Search.html

/Rob

--
Robert Alexander, Alpha Geek, Workmate.ca
WWW Database Applications and Web Hosting

"Life's unfair - but root password helps!"