Hello all -

Does anyone know any tricks for compiling v4.0.0 ‹with-openssl?  Iıve tried
several variations, including different paths (or no path) in the
‹with-openssl=/what/path/here? argument.

Whatever I enter, configure output usually indicates itıs _not_ using
OpenSSL.  After the compile and install, the SELECT VARIABLES LIKE query
says I donıt have SSL!

Please note that OpenSSL is working on this box; I get proper startup of
apache with ssl using mod_ssl, etc.

This is all starting because we hope to compile PHP with the Œauthı
capabilities, and are trying to link it to MySQL v4.

Any ideas?

Lou