Hi all,

Just a real quick question about using mysqldump. Should I shutdown mysql
before running mysqldump, or can I successfully do a mysqldump of my whole
database while mysql is still running/processing records.

I have a very big database, and want to go a daily dump backup, but I
really dont want to have any downtime to process the backup.

Any info would be appreciated.

Chris

--
     Chris Aitken - Administration/Database Designer - IDEAL Internet
  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  phone: +61 2 4628 8888  fax: +61 2 4628 8890