Rick Emery wrote:

> If you use PHP, the answer is:    mysql_unbuffered_query()

Well, I get the delay if I query with perl DBI or enter the query directly in
the mysql client.   perl DBI + Informix does not buffer so I know that it is
not that combo. (I guess it could be the DBD::mysql.)

While the query is running w/o any results being returned yet, the process
list shows "sending data".

b.

Bill Adams
TriQuint Semiconductor