-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 3:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ezmlm response

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list.

This is a generic help message. The message I received wasn't sent to
any of my command addresses.

--- Administrative commands for the mysql list ---

   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To remove your address from the list, send a message to the address
The SELECT statement fails to recognize that an alias (mycol) was set for a
column.  Note the column name is created from a table alias (c1)

mysql> select c1.id as mycol from colors c1 right join colors c2 on
c1.color=c2.color AND c1.id != c2.id where mycol is not null;

ERROR 1054: Unknown column 'mycol' in 'where clause'

mysql> describe colors;
+-------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field | Type     | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| id    | int(11)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| color | char(10) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
+-------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
2 rows in set (0.36 sec)

mysql> select * from colors;
+------+--------+
| id   | color  |
+------+--------+
|    1 | red    |
|    1 | orange |
|    1 | yellow |
|    2 | blue   |
|    2 | green  |
|    2 | purple |
|    3 | violet |
|    3 | pink   |
|    3 | blue   |
+------+--------+
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

How-To-Repeat:
        see problem description

Fix:
        none

Synopsis:       SELECT Does Not Recognize Column Alias
Submitter-Id:   <submitter ID>
Originator:     Richard Emery
Category:       mysql client
Class:          sw-bug
Release:        mysql-3.23.38

Exectutable:   mysqld-nt-max
Environment:   Pentium 3
System:        Win20
Compiler:      Binary download from MYSQL AB website
Architecture:  intel