I am extremely new to mySQL (and the Linux environment all together). I have
been building/maintaining a mySQL/PHP site. Today, the site began giving me
errno 145 (cannot open file) errors. I found that meant I had at least one
corrupt table, so I went into mySQL, found I had two corrupt tables and ran
REPAIR TABLE. That fixed one of the tables, but the other one kept giving
the error msg text as "69 when writing to datafile" as a result of REPAIR
TABLE. So after much searching, I found a more extensive repair mechanism in
myisamchk. However, everything I have found assumes I have this utility
running. I am running mySQL 3.23.38, but when I type "myisamchk" my server
claims "command not found". So (a) is there a different way to repair my
table? (without having to wipe all data and rebuild the table -- it has a
ton of records) or (b) how do I get this myisamchk utility running on my
server so the command means something?? Also, I tried mysqld --myism-recover
but it printed out a few lines, then said "ready for connections" and just
sat there. I left it alone for a while thinking maybe it was just taking
forever, but it never finished until I hit Ctrl C. ANY help would be much
appreciated!!!

Jenn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]