On 15 Nov 2001, at 22:32, Carsten H. Pedersen wrote:

> > Thanks for the response, but I think you missed the key
> > collection_field_value right under the primary key above.
>
> You're right -- Sorry. Have you tried COUNT'ing something
> other than *? i.e. document_id or resource_id?

I tried it.  It makes no difference.

This seems to be a bug, or there's something wrong with my
understanding of the documentation.  I have the query

SELECT collection_id, tcml_field_id, value, COUNT(*)
FROM document_data_pm
GROUP BY collection_id, tcml_field_id, value

where the document_data_pm table has the index

KEY `collection_field_value`
(`collection_id`,`tcml_field_id`,`value`(12))

What would prevent MySQL from using the index?

By the way, I'm using version 3.23.44 on Red Hat Linux.
--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC