This method will cause problems if you have entries in
you mysql.db table for that database.

Just make sure you correct your permissions.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:46:31 -0500, Danny Rathjens
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| stop mysql
| cd /var/lib/mysql
| mv olddbname newdbname
| start mysql
|
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
|
| > I searched the archives and the manual online but could not find the
| > answer,
| > I believe this has been covered in the list though. Is it possible to
| > rename a
| > database? If not, is it possible to move/copy a table from a database to a
| > new
| > database? Could someone point me to the details on this?
| >
| > --
| > Chip

Thanks,
Michael
--
Michael Brunson                          504.473.6643
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 ICQ: 83163789