Hi.

Don't know whether you got any answer yet, but I did not see any.

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 11:01:55AM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi folks...
> I've been using the + and the - operators to which seem to work fine in 4.0
> but cannot seem to work out what to do with the *. A truncation operator
> would be of great help, can somebody tell me how to use it in a MATCH...
> AGAINST query please?
> thanks
> Chris
> MATCH ... AGAINST is going to supports the following boolean operators:
> *     +word means the that word must be present in every row returned.
> *     -word means the that word must not be present in every row returned.
>
> *     < and > can be used to decrease and increase word weight in the
> query.
> *     ~ can be used to assign a negative weight to a noise word.
> *     * is a truncation operator.

Well, as far as I understand, "word" will match only "word", not
e.g. "wording", whereas "work*" will match both "word" and
"wording". I did not try it, though.

If that doesn't work for you, could you please elaborate.

Bye,

        Benjamin.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]