>I have downloaded mySQL from your company's website.
>Is it possible to use mySQL as Microsoft's Access or SQL server7.0? that
>means I can create table very easy. just from window screen.  I hope get
>your reply.

You can of course run MySQL.exe, the command line tool that comes with
MySQL. You should use this briefly, just so you know how to use it. It's the
tool to use when nothing seems to be working and you can't figure out what's
going on, because it introduces the fewest layers. MySQL.exe works fine and
can do everything, it is just more difficult than you'd like. :)

If you are running on the server, there is a graphical tool automatically
installed with MySQL called WinMySQLAdmin. It's in the MySQL/bin directory.
Just run it. This will let you create tables and do other administrative
tasks from a GUI. It does not run from a client computer, however. It is
convenient for initial setting up of users, permissions, etc.

If you are running on some other computer (not the server), I suggest
downloading WinSQL Lite from www.indus-soft.com. The lite version is free.
This is a GUI tool for querying MySQL and any other database you can access
via ODBC. You can create tables using SQL commands. You will need to install
MyODBC on your client, but you'll need to do that for almost any solution
other than the MySQL.exe command line tool. I'm sure there are other similar
tools, but this is the one I happen to know about. It's simple and clear,
shows your data clearly, and just runs under windows - no install, no need
to install anything else (other than MyODBC).

You can work with MySQL from Microsoft Access (as Nick mentioned). First,
install MyODBC. Then use ODBC Administrator to create a DSN for the MySQL
database you wish to access. Then from Access, do File, Open, and set the
file type to ODBC Databases. Access will bring up a dialog to let you choose
your DSN; select the one that you created for MySQL. Then you'll get some
more dialogs letting you select the tables you want, etc. Bingo, you can
view and update your data from Access. Modifying, inserting, or deleting
records works just like Access.

However, if you select the design view for a table, it is read-only. You
can't modify the table structure (for example, add a column) using the
design view where you just "insert" a field. :(  You can do this via SQL
statements, however.

Unless you need a web server and php, do not install them just to access
MySQL. Either WinSQL or Access or both are easier solutions.

If you have more questions, you might want to post to the win32 mailing list
([EMAIL PROTECTED]). It is windows specific, and there's less traffic.

Don