On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:

> > mysql> CREATE FUNCTION lookup RETURNS STRING SONAME "libudf_example.so";
> > ERROR 1126: Can't open shared library 'libudf_example.so' (errno: 0
> > /usr/lib/libudf_example.so: unsupported file type)
>
> Hi!
>
> Please check a type of the above ...so file with a file command. Also
> check execute permissions.

Thanks for the reply.

Even though Sasha Pachev told me about INET_ATON and INET_NTOA, I'm still
interested in what I did wrong.

Permissions have execute.

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1428 Nov 16 17:38 libudf_int_ip.so

File type is:
/usr/lib/libudf_int_ip.so: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, Intel 80386,
version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped

What should it be?  Any hints on how to get it right?

I must admit, most of what I do is in Perl, and in C only when I have to.
This is one of those times that I have to :)

...troy.