Thanks, I tried it again and it worked. (at least it seemst to have
created some seemingly working binaries.) (I had tried 5 times to no
avail before I sent a message to the list.. so go figger.)

Now to my real problem. I'm  trying to make udmsearch work
and it needs libmysqlclient.so.10.   I thought that building
mysql with the --enable-shared should have created the right
files, however, udmsearch's indexes is still complaining
about this file.

Thanks in advance.

Ovanes

P.S. Please excuse my newbie-ness