I will try to be as complete as possible here. This is the query that I'm
trying to run:

                 SELECT
                    usr_id,
                    usr_username,
                    usr_first_name,
                    usr_last_name,
                    usr_show_real_name,
                    usr_photo_file,
                    usr_thumbnail_width,
                    usr_thumbnail_height,
                    art_id,
                    art_title,
                    art_description,
                    typ_id,
                    SUM(arp_visits) AS visits,
                    COUNT(fed_id) AS comments
                 FROM
                    users,
                    articles,
                    article_pages,
                    types
                 LEFT JOIN
                    feedback
                 ON
                    fed_typ_target_id=art_id AND
                    fed_typ_id=typ_id
                 WHERE
                    usr_id=art_usr_id AND
                    usr_status='active' AND
                    art_status='approved' AND
                    art_id=arp_art_id AND
                    typ_name='articles'
                 GROUP BY
                    art_id
                 ORDER BY
                    art_created_date DESC
                 LIMIT
                    0, 10

Anyway, it all comes down to the following: I'm trying to select the total
number of comments and visits for a specific 'article', as symbolized as
art_id. I currently only have 1 article in the 'articles' table, and 3
comments related to it on the 'feedback' table. This 'article' have 49
visits currently.

The problem is that the number of visits that I receive from this query is
actually the result of the multiplication of (comments * visits), which is
147.

I searched the mailing lists extensively for the solution to this problem,
but nothing was there. I mean, there are a lot of similar emails but I
couldn't find the solution yet, so I figured it would make sense to try on
the list itself.

Any help would be appreciated. Here is the stats of my system:

[jpm@mercury: Tue Nov 20 10:39:54]
[~]$ mysql -V
mysql  Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.40, for pc-solaris2.8 (i386)

Cheers,
Joao

--
Joćo Prado Maia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>