Hello all.

 I'm developing a web-based app with php / mysql.  I'm interested in hearing
 peoples opinions on a fairly trivial subject.  I have a feature on a page
 that retrieves times out of a mysql database.  I was considering formatting
 the date with javascript, or php, but it would be easiest to just format it
with the mysql time_format() function.  I've never used mysql's built in
 functions before and I was wondering if I'm going to see any performance
 drawbacks from formatting it with mysql instead of passing that off onto
the
 other servers.

 -Joel