Right, It seems to be good to be tried but your server is down I thing.

do I see that lots of the AIX related questions involve problems with
/usr/local/lib/libz.a as part of the "ZLib" compression library. The
pre-compiled ZLib on http://www.bull.de/pub/ fails for me with the [shr.o]
missing problems others have spoken of, etc... What I did was to download
the source for ZLib and compile/install it and MySQL works just fine now.
So, if it will help anyone the libz.a file which is working fine for me is
downloadable at:

http://216.98.81.199/libz.a

I'd install zlib-1.1.3.2.exe from the Bull AIX Binary site and then replace
libz.a with this one. Have done so on a half dozen machines and it's
running
fine everywhere.

... You're welcome