>Hello, I'm always with my access to mysql port.
>I noticve that access can dispaly a â but it s like a a.
>So I make this query to select some specials row from my database :
>select ort from localite_ortsnamen
>where ort REGEXP
"^([A-Za-z]|[àâäåáãçéèêëîïíñõôöóùúûüÿÅÅÀÂÄÇÉÈÊËÎÏÑÔÖÛÜß', -])+$"=0;
>I'd like to add the possibilite from the ort column to have char like (),->'
>...., but it doesn't work
>i try to escape these cars with a \, but nothing. So how can I do this ?
>thanks.

You should either use a double backslash
\\(
\\>
or put the special symbols inside a character class

[-)(>'abc]. In this case, to avoid syntax errors, the dash ("-") shoud be at the
beginning of the class.

select "a(bc" regexp "[)(x-s]"
gives you a syntax error, because the dash is interpreted (wrongly) as range operator

notice that
select "a-bc" regexp "[)(x-z]"
will execute without errors, but the dash in this is a range operator,
not a character to match. It means: match a parenthesis, or lowercase letters from "x"
to "z".
Therefore it will return 0.

select "a(bc" regexp "[-)(ba)]";
returns 1.