Towards the end of running the end of the configure script (./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/mysql - and yes I know I can optimise better than
this), I get:

creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 6: Unterminated `s' command
creating os/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 6: Unterminated `s' command
creating ut/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 6: Unterminated `s' command
creating btr/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 6: Unterminated `s' command
creating buf/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 6: Unterminated `s' command
creating com/Makefile
sed: file conftest.s1 line 6: Unterminated `s' command

etc ... it goes on & on but you get the idea.

I'm running Slackware 8 with Autoconf 2.13 (not sure if this is
relevant, but anyway I had to downgrade it to be able to compile
Enlightenment 0.17 cvs)
Anyone know what's happening? Alternatively, has anyone made a package
for Slackware? The rpms segfault on executing.
Please email me if you want more info (I tried attaching the config.log
but apparently it's too big...). I'm subscribed to the digest - but that
will take a day, and I'd like to get this show on the road [;)]
Thanks in advance!

Dan