Hi Joachim

I tried to install mySQL on Windows NT (Service Pack 6).
That means: Unzipping, installing, then starting mySQL as a service with
: mysqld-nt --install.
Until now everything worked fine and we saw the service in the NT's
Service list.
But we could not start the service. Neither with NT nor with "NET START
mysql" from the DOS box.
There was an error 1067.

=in the Services list what were the values? Was the status "started" and is startup
automatic or manual.

=When mine installed, it came up auto and started automatically. Thus there was no
need to use the DOS box/NET
command!

One more thing to explain: We installed mySQL in a directory
D:\inst\....\....
When we started: mysqld-nt --install there was no file my.cnf.
(Because my installation in the office is in C:\mysql I forgot to save
my.cnf in WINNT).
Maybe thats the problem. But I don´t know.

=use Windows Explorer or My Computer, navigate to the MySQL\bin sub-directory. Execute
the WinMySQLAdmin program
and customise the relevant directory fields, then restart the MySQL server.

Second question: How to get rid of the mysql-service in the NT service
list.
You see I'm not very accustomed to WIN NT.

=the above answers this - it should start automatically. You should be able to use the
admin GUI to stop and
restart it, if/when necessary, otherewise it will start automatically on every NT boot.

I hope somebody will help me.

=hope it has been helpful,
=dn