Hi!

First: please reply to the list, and not directly to me.

Then:

On Nov 26, Andrew Dixon - MSOnet wrote:
> So I take it there is no maximum value then??? Making it impossible to
> change the returned relevance value into a understandable percentage value.
> How is the relevance calculated then???
>
> > It's difficult to say...
> >May be there's some limits implied by the formulae used,
> >but they are difficult to estimate.

Here you are:
  for every word there's a "weight" defined as

  w1=log(dcount)+1
  weight=w1/sumw1*uniq/(1+0.0115*uniq)*log((rows-found)/found)*qcount

  where w1 - is some intermediate weight
  dcount   - is the number of times this word is present in the document
             (part of the row to be indexed)
  sumw1    - is the sum of all w1's for this document
  uniq     - is the number of unique words in this document
  rows     - is the total number of rows in the table
  found    - is the number of rows that contain the word in question
  qcount   - is the number of times this word is present in the query.

  Then, all the weight's for query words are summed up.

Regards,
Sergei

--
MySQL Development Team