On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
> Quentin Bennett writes:
> > So, if you pass NULL in as the first parameter to mysql_real_connect, a
> > possibility opened up by the manual . . .
>
> There is no indication in our documentation that NULL should be passed
> as a first parameter in mysql_real_connect.

Of course not, and that is very good sense ;-)

But there is a clear indication that it _can_:

"For a successful connection, the return value is the same as the value of
the first parameter, unless ***you pass NULL for that parameter***."

See my previous response to Sinisa for the extraordinary consequencies of
passing NULL ;-)

Cheers,

--
   ,
 M A R I O   data miner, LIACC, room 221   tel 351+226078830, ext 121