David Lidström writes:

>  Hi!
>
> Is it not possible to move a mysql column to after another existing
> Column by using the CHANGE statement in ALTER TABLE?
>
>    ALTER TABLE enum_test CHANGE ostron ostron int(4)  NULL DEFAULT '0'
> AFTER newCol_2

Moving oysters around, eh? :-)
As far as I know, there is no way to move columns around, although you
can do it by dropping the column and recreating it in a different
position. the workaround is to CREATE TABLE ... SELECT ... and then
remove the old table and rename the new one.
The only downside to this is that for a brief moment your table will
not be there. Oh, and I suspect you'll get into all sorts of problems
if you're using foreign keys.

Generally, I avoid trying to move columns about, if only so that a
dump of the structure won't be different without there being a real
(i.e., significant) difference. Also, the order of the columns might
have some archeological curiosity value. ;-)

//C - listening to Iron Maiden while drinking tea.

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/